Pages

14.7.11

bastille day in montpellier

morning: a giant macaron, tarte citron and caramel ice cream cake
for another big day on july 14th; lisa's birthday!
also: those little yellow things are NOT tomatoes. they are actually
tiny apricots. we bought a big sack of them without actually
asking, tasting, or looking for a sign telling us what they were
because, well, they looked like tomatoes. 
nope. apricots. tart, squishy, actually quite addictive apricots.
you can never have too many flags...

 potluck picnic on the esplanade just outside of the place de la comédie
our landlords, french "parents", and dear friends jean-marie and claire
with anna and me. they made a gorgeous birthday dinner for lisa!
olives, champagne, cauliflower soup (pictured below), a
fruit and salmon salad with indian spices, and a cake that
absolutely took my breath away...

the birthday girl with her cake of ladyfingers, peaches and cream.
happy birthday to my dear friend lisa, and happy bastille day to
all of my lovely french friends! (and francophiles everywhere...)
bonne fête!

1 comment:

  1. What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have
    discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads.
    I am hoping to give a contribution & aid different customers like its helped me.
    Great job.

    Also visit my page: various search

    ReplyDelete