Pages

16.4.11

Coconut French Toast

This recipe is easy-peasy and delicious. I intended to include raspberries, but they oh so mysteriously disappeared from my fridge. Sigh. I'm pretty sure I was the one who ate them... (I love raspberries LOVE LOVE LOVE) 
But, er, I digress. 
Lemongrass would be nice with this, but I didn't have that either. It's not such a common thing for me to have lemongrass. Anyway, it was simple and lovely with plain coconut.

Coconut French Toast
Ingredients
2 thick slices leftover or stale bread; challah or brioche works best
1 egg
About a half cup of coconut milk
A pinch of salt
Coconut oil (or butter, if you haven't got it)
Preparation
Crack your egg into a shallow bowl and beat in your coconut milk.  This will be well thicker than your typical egg wash, but pay no mind. Add a pinch of salt to bring out the lovely flavor.
Over medium heat, melt your coconut oil.
Soak your bread, one slice at a time, in the egg mixture on both sides. 
Slip your bread into the pan and fry in the oil until golden, flip, cook, and remove from heat.
Garnish with a drizzle of coconut milk and sprinkle over some cocoa powder.

Yeah, told you it was an easy one. Delightful though. Enjoy. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment